The first mothers day without my mother
The entire day I've been trying to keep my head from
reality (Mothers day) but sometimes we have to accept the changes in life.
As anyone can imagine, this year has been a rough one on my
part. I am still not sure if I have gone through all of the stages of Grief.
It’s hard for me to understand that my mum ain't here any more.
I didn't start
feeling the sadness until I started writing an article about mothers for the
Weekly Chronicle this morning trying to choose the right words for the article,
the tears came back. It’s not fair my mum left without warning, It’s not fair
my dad was left alone to live in the house they build together for years.
But still today is mother’s day and I hope that all those
who have their mothers will understand how fortunate they are and will show
their mums how much they appreciate them. I know that I was blessed to have my
mother for as long as I did.
Now that I understand that my mother's memory,
values and wisdom will always be with me even though she is not physically here
I am looking forward to a great future.
Today I remember you mum, your wisdom, your kindness, your
warmth, your selflessness and your loving smile.
I wish I could have the strength to write more but the tears
can’t allow me to go on…I will do the rest later or you can just read my heart
it has all the words I would wish to tell you…Happy mother’s day mum, may your
soul rest in eternal peace… miss you.
Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us God is with you...May Her soul R.I.P.
ReplyDeleteShe is surely resting in peace Sly. God will continue to give you comfort and be sure your mom will read the rest of your words from your heart. Take heart gal!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys, I know time heals it's just that the memories are too fresh
ReplyDelete